Monday, December 15, 2014

don't forget.

I remember being the prophet boy, I remember not letting my teachers down, 4.0 four years in a row. I remember getting my first -A. I remember my first kiss. I remember how we made a mistake, I remember how that changed everything I remember when I started missing church. I remember when I started averaging 50 missed periods a term. I remember still holding a 3.7 gpa, and for some reason being proud of that.  I remember my testimony and it walking out the door. I remember going to my graduation. I remember college. I remember her leaving me, I remember crying, My face had been dry for awhile. I remember her coming back.things would never be the same but I remember getting married. I remember our first kid. I remember the interview, I remember my job, I remember the desk and the clock. I remember my 5 kids. I remember going grey. I remember finding him at the bottom of a cliff half dead and the other half of him wishing he was. I remember that forever. I remember cancer. I remember my mother and fathers grave only with mine right beside them. I remember death. I remember it. I remember god now. I remember all the mistakes. I remember the carrots. I remember loving life. I remember my kids. I remember everything being alright in the end and that's really the only thing keeping me from hell.

1 comment:

  1. this is absolutely amazing. i want to remember everything you said here. this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete